Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SNEAK ATTACK !!



Yes that's right... another Bead Faerie attack!

This one was an extra sneaky surprise attack on one of our own faeries! While I had her working in the secret head quarters on Lena's gathering, I was coordinating a second one for her through FB messages and email ! :) 

Yes I'm sneaky ;) She had no clue :)

So who did the Bead Faeries visit? Why, Shelley Graham Turner, whom you may remember from my first Shop Feature :)
ToriSophia

 Shelley's sister Jilly was a victim of Alzheimer's. Last year Shelley made a bunch of purple earrings, and her and her grandson handed them out to those who ran for the cause. This year she planned on making a lot more, but was running low on purple beads. She'd put in a trade request in one group but didn't receive many offers from what I understand. Marlene brought it to my attention, since I'd somehow managed to miss the news ( I blame not enough coffee on my end ;) ). And so, a Bead Faerie Sneak attack plan was hatched!  

Since Shelley is a busy little Bead Faerie, she'd have become suspicious  if she wasn't invited into the group for another round. And trust me, she'd have KNOWN if we had one running, whether anyone told her or not... the woman would KNOW. 

So... we ran one and invited her in. Luckily we 'd been considering two, so we just did both :D Since Marlene was already acting as the Collection Faerie for Lena, I asked Rita of Toltec Jewels to play Collection Faerie for Shelley. Let me just say, the woman had WAY TOO MUCH FUN! She took the purple theme and RAN with it BIG TIME! lol

I have a total of 24 photos she took, showing all the beads and ear wires that were donated, and all of these gifts wrapped in different shades of purple tissue paper and tied with ribbon.... several shots of the card, including the picture, the signatures& message, and the envelope  ( she even used purple ink! )... and the stages of packing the box ! lol  Plus, as the topper, she printed out the Project Bead banner and taped it to the top of the box!

I understand she's setting up a photo account somewhere to host all the Project Bead Photos, so when she does, I'll edit in the links here so you can see them all. In the mean time, I'll share a few of the highlights :D

The card - photo courtesy of Rita


Message inside card -photo courtesy of Rita


Pretty gifts to open! - photo courtesy of Rita




the goodies INSIDE the pretty paper - photo courtesy of Rita


The box with the banner :) photo courtesy of Rita 

It's been decided that from now on, we'll have to include kleenex with the beads ;)

Shelley's Bead Faeries

Rita/ Toltec Jewels, Sandra McGriff, Marlene Cupo , Alicia Marinache , Heidi Kingman , Robin Reed , Jana Perex Stribel , Christine Crowe Smith , Sandra Wollberg  , Ali McCarthy, & Kristen Stevens


Sadly, Shelley's sister just recently passed, making this gift even more bittersweet. Her self appointed task of making these earrings will keep Jilly in the forefront of her heart and thoughts, and every single pair she makes will no doubt carry a piece of her love for her sister with it.  Now that Jilly is free of the curse that is Alzheimer's, I know she is watching over Shelley and loving what she's doing for her :)



... and now that I've made Shell cry again, I KNOW she'll be plotting some form of revenge... ;) I doubt even the little note I slipped into my donation will do much to save me.  What did my note say?  Just two simple words...

 'Blame Marlene'

:D

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this. I loved sending them to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story and wonderful cause!
    I need to go find my Kleenex box now.

    Zan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just reading this. It made me laugh and now it made me cry. I love you ladies so much and can NEVER express what your gestures has meant to me. I have a special place in my heart for you! NO revenge, just love!! xxooo ~ Shelley (and Jilly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha - "Blame Marlene!" Love it! I had a blast participating. I spent a few years working as a CNA with Alzheimer patients. So the cause is near and dear to my heart. And I totally agree -- tissues are a must from now on! *sniff-sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Blame Marlene" !!!
    Too funny, LOL! :)

    What a wonderful experience & I'm so glad you shared the pictures & story of surprising a project bead faerie! You did it! We all did it :) And I can feel Shelley's Jilly's love <3

    ReplyDelete