Sunday, March 2, 2014

BSBP8 - My Partner & a soup sneakpeak :)

Yes, I did it. I bit the bullet and joined up with the BSBP again :)


For the past couple weeks I've had a tray beside me at my desk, containing three different beadsoups.. each in a different colour palette and containing different materials. They were just waiting for my partner to be announced so I could see which one was best for her.

And wouldn't you know it? My partner turns out to be a very difficult woman to compose a 'challenging' soup for. Who is she? Why Audrey Belanger :)

This is the first BSBP where I've been partnered with someone I already know :) Oddly enough, Audrey has always been partnered with people she already knows ;)

Audrey is something of an assemblage artist... she can take just about anything and make it work. A bit of patina or paint, some glue and glitter, and whammo... jewelry. 
counting stars









BSBP#7


http://esperianterra.blogspot.ca/2014/02/i-do-live-somewhat.html
Lion

Season's BlogHop

So you see what I'm up against here? Very difficult to challenge someone when they can use pretty much anything.

I did come across one little mention in her blog about being stumped by yellow... shame I'd just promised her I wouldn't give her a single colour soup ;)

I was able to add a little bit of that particular challenge to the soup, just for her though ;) which brings me back to the my three soup decision... The one soup would've been perfect for her... which meant it was out of the running. It was purples/ blues/pinks... soft and subtle, but colourful... Her colours and her style... therefore... NOPE :) This Is suppose to challenge her after ll. Plus, it looks like the same palette as the soup she made me... ;)

The other two were harder , since neither were colour palettes she'd done much with before, but I finally decided.

One soup with two halves... the focal and clasp with two different ways it could go... one softer, and one more bold :)



I can't wait to see what she does with it :) I know she'll come up with things I've never thought of, since that is what she does ;) As for what she has in store for me... she posted her sneak peak and the colours are  already getting me itching to play ! I have no doubt that I'll spend some times scratching my head trying to figure out what to do with it, but that's just one of the parts I love about this :D

2 comments:

  1. Ah they GOTCHA! Heehee... I love that you are swapping with Audrey (my virtual daughter). THIS should prove very interesting. I agree she makes beautiful pieces. She made me a necklace in memory of my sister and I LOVE it. It's one of my favorite purple pieces. I wish I could post a photo of it here for everyone to see!

    Rock on ladies!
    ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors you picked look challenging - lovely shades to play with. Can't wait to see the shapes and sizes and then the reveal
    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete